Pavement Signs are Popular Advertising Beacons for Motorists and Passersby!
Pavement Signs Make Sure Passing Pedestrians are Aware of Promotions!
February 21st, 2014
How do I choose what advertising signage to use for my business from all of the available pavement signs out there for purchase? All of the sandwich boards are perfect for promoting your business in terms of advertising services, sales, or just getting out important information to passersby; however, there are some differences among them that need to be explained so customers can make an informed outdoor sign purchase. The pavement signs designed to be used on sidewalks come in many different sizes, materials, and types of display surface. There are outdoor a-frames that use snap frames for quick-change graphics, letter displays that have with purchase changeable alpha-numeric kits, and both wet and dry-erase markerboard easels. Pavement signs are also available in variety of layouts, including springing, fillable, A-frame, and swing base setups. The forecourt signage is offered with so many options because every company's needs are different. As an example, pavement signs, like outdoor advertising, that have heavy duty springs in their bases are perfect for a location that will occasionally have a large gust. For other venues, the best solution is a board with letter sets because their infoprmation is forever changing along with their marketing strategy. So many of the sidewalk A-frames are constructed to last when placed outside in the elements thanks to protective acrylic lenses and fillable bases along with other exterior-rated features. This large listing of outdoor advertising signage offers the most current technology available in sidewalk sandwich boards with a plethora of price points and so many styles for sale any company will find exactly what they are looking for to promote their business!
Why are pavement signs so helpful for businesses?
- A common problem businesses tend to find when advertising is that the direction of their signage does not always supply the most exposure. While street traffic and passing motorists are almost always able to read sizeable billboards and storefront banners, pedestrians are often unable to get the same clear vantage point from the sidewalk. Too frequently, prospective clients breeze right by stores without even realizing it. For this reason, many signage manufacturers decided that a perpendicular system would work more effectively when prevalently placed.
- Sandwich boards and sidewalk displays offer an innovative solution to the aforementioned issues simply because of their designs. Most outdoor promotional strategies suffer when storefront signage is positioned overhead or in a way that makes viewing uncomfortable to onlookers. The boards for graphics are large enough for high prominence yet are not so tall that viewers must strain their necks. Written messages, printed posters, or other banners and graphics are instead situated at a level that is viewed naturally. This way, pedestrians are much more likely to enter the specific business, organization, or establishment. Besides, bystanders will have no choice but to take note of the displayed sidewalk signage when it is placed right in their path.
I want to take a minute to talk about our signs with fillable bases. We understand that our customers want signs to use outside for advertising purposes. We also understand then that these signs must be durable, have bases that can be filled with sand or water, or possibly a spring base that will move in the wind. Now while these signs are rated for outdoor use, we post on these offerings and elsewhere on this site that they are not to be used outdoors in inclement weather. What is inclement weather? Heavy rain, snow, and high winds all qualify as inclement weather. The reason I bring all this up is I pass a sign twice a day, once on the way to work and once going home, that looks much like one of our letterboard signs in this category. I don't know for sure if it has a base that can be filled or not, but what I do know for sure is that if we say your sign shouldn't be left out in the heavy rain, snow, or high winds, if definitely shouldn't be left out when it's doing two out of the three. Last week we had a heavy snow storm with strong winds and the poor sign was left out in it. Not only did it get blown over so that the wording on the sign could not be seen, not that there were that many people driving by it at that time anyway, more importantly it now looks like the sign was also damaged. There is scraping on the edges and the letters appear to be a mess. So please, save yourself the hassle of cleaning your "blown over in the snow" sign and the money to replace it if it's damaged and just take it inside when inclement weather starts. See what other signs are available on the site, but please don't leave any out in the rain!
How does each sidewalk display compare to the next?
- Although every design is successful at advertising and publicizing promotions, it is critical to understand that some models are more advantageous than others for certain applications.
- The metal options are available with basic or A-frame designs and are quite durable. The rugged assemblies often feature snap open framing for fast and easy sign changes, which is helpful to any serious business.
- Plastic and polyethylene versions are perfect for use outdoors, and they typically feature springing or water-fill bases for extra stability. Many will displace strong wind gusts to avoid tipping over. Some even have wheels for easy mobility, which is especially ideal for those businesses that bring them inside each night.
- No matter what material is used to construct the sandwich boards, durability is universal. Every design is crafted to handle lots of foot traffic in addition to the effects of placement outdoors. Most styles have non-glare lens overlays that prevent prolonged sunlight exposure from damaging displayed graphics. Some selections are outfitted with spring-loaded bases that wobble in the wind while staying upright. Other swinging models play off windy conditions and use the natural motion to attract passersby or potential customers.
- Sideline banners make up an entirely different category altogether but are equally important when it comes to advertising outdoors. These pop-up fixtures are typically screen-printed with custom graphics, which makes them ideal for sponsoring sporting events, music festivals, street dances, and other public gatherings.
- Last but not least is the selection of signage hardware. These materials are used for creating completely customized displays. The empty signage frames are made for installing your own boards and banners. This way, targeted presentations are possible for all kinds of users, from politicians seeking re-election to the savviest of local shop owners. There are several different varieties, but most of the sidewalk display systems are staked directly into the ground or placed atop flat surfaces. These forecourt displays are the perfect choices when a store or other establishment wants to advertise but requires their own graphics. Economy is likely the premier feature of these selections simply because they are cheap enough for organizations to afford batch orders.
PavementSigns.com maintains a massive stock of high quality sandwich boards, standard sidewalk display systems, white write-on boards, poster snap frames, changeable letter kits, outdoor polyethylene forecourt fixtures with fillable bases, and pop-up banners. In addition, three on-site warehouses allow the company to keep higher quantities of the most popular models, so faster shipments are possible. Furthermore, most in-stock orders placed by 1 pm EST Monday through Friday ship out same day! Just be sure to read each description in full to understand the parameters of each selection. Search the best sellers to see what people in other services buy online for their locations. If for some reason the web pages do not answer all of your questions, our professional and friendly customer service department is here to help. Shoppers may contact the call center directly by dialing 1-800-572-2194 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST. Customers can also take advantage of the unique "live chat" service. Just click on the link to the left of the page to open a new messaging window. If our regular business hours do not fit your schedule, simply send an Email. One of our representatives will get back to you once the office is open again. For all your forecourt sidewalk signage and sandwich boards display needs, trust the experts at PavementSigns! Purchase sidewalk signs with confidence today and save with wholesale prices.